Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The messenger is dead. Long live the messenger.

... at least for me it is.

Instant coffee, instant karma, instant information. We live in a world of instant gratification. And some of it freaks me out. I would rather live in a world when people sent letters when they wanted to communicate with someone. Yeah I know I am one of those old world types ;) So I have decided to give up instant messeging. Nothing profound, just some timepass experiment of mine :D

I was ROFL when I sent out this messege to all people in my buddy list. In a matter of 5 secs some 20 people pinged me back saying wtf, whats wrong, yada yada... LOL !!! Seriously it was hilarious. And then the phone starting ringing. C00l d00d called me all the way from Princeton to ask wht was wrong. sashib5 also called up and the calls keep coming at the day progresses... Before I hurt their sentiments - its was really nice of you to be concerned :)

Hey guys, there is nuthing wrong. And definitely there is no "bandi" problem !!! To even think of it =)) I wouldn't really stop mssging if there was. I would rather go out, give her two nice whacks till she saw the reason and get her back :p And chillax , no one is dead or anything. I am always there on mail and my cell phone which again i am planning to dump but it stays for the time being.

So long...

(LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D

Hmm, maybe I should do that too. Wonder how long it will last.

Unknown said...

join the club ;)

And afaik forever :D

The Reader said...

Fraud maar rahey ho, sharam nahin aati.

Unknown said...

Awww sis, u just need to think of me. I would manifest myself like the chirag ka Djinn ;)

Anonymous said...

Anyway, never knew when you were online ! So, now, instead of appearing invisble, you actually won't be there. After getting your Apple laptop, perhaps this is your way of moving away from modern methods of communication ???!!!

What's your snail mail address? I think I'll write letters to you from now on !!!!

Why don't you disconnect your phone next ? It's a big hassle actually. You don't have to carry that thing around and you can be FREEEEE...

Viewer said...

In a world where people are trying their best to remain connected 24/7, here u are trying to cut ur self off the world. Is it reverse pshychology or some kind ?

Viewer said...

In a time when the entire population is trying to be connected to the rest world 24/7 , here u are tryign to cut off from the rest of the world. Is it some kinda reverse pshychology or what ?

Unknown said...

well i am not really the online 24/7 types. that ways i get time for people and things i really care abt :)

Unknown said...

the cell phone is going too. pretty soon :D