Tuesday, October 11, 2005

WOW !!

Jamshedpur selected for the UN Global Compact Cities Pilot project

"Jamshedpur: Jamshedpur will be among the six cities chosen to participate in the UN Global Compact Cities Pilot Programme. The other five being Melbourne (Australia), Porto Alegre (Brazil), Tianjin (People's Republic of China), Nairobi (Kenya) and San Francisco (USA). Jamshedpur will represent South Asia."

How come I didn't didn't know this earlier :-? Well maybe becoz I haven't been home in such a long time. I am all excited to hear this though :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats !

Anonymous said...

Also have a look at http://people.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid-1256266.cms

Anonymous said...

Warms the cockles of my heart! :-)Can never live there again but will always look back on the times there with warmth and misty-eyed nostalgia and will miss the place for the rest of my life! Does that make sense..

Anonymous said...

I meant that I never want to live there again.. Even though I loved every minute there. Life is too short not to explore :-)

Anonymous said...

Woweee, indeed! :)

The Reader said...

Now, this is actually pretty cool !
Speaking of nice things happening around, heard that you are leaving for the US soon ! Have fun :) Should call you in a couple of days (as soon as I can get myself a phone recharge)
What's been happening, otherwise?

Anonymous said...

this is very old news!!! you do need to go home

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments :D

Want a ride anyone ;) ?