Thursday, December 01, 2005

Antheen Yatri


A poem by Dharmvir Bharti I came across today, and feel so in love with. You keep running around all the time, taking life as it comes, too busy to sit back and ponder. But sometimes when you do, your entire life passes in a jiffy. You do not even realize that so much time has gone by. The only thing that connects you to the real work is the numbers changing on the calendar, everything else looks like a dream. Yellow tinted, motion blurred. You travel to so many places but you cannot connect with any place in particular. You move away before it is time for the roots to penetrate the earth and get a firm grounding. There is no place you can call home. Wandering forever, without meaning, without a destination, like a gypsy...

Thats what I have been feeling like today :-(

I guess this too shall pass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club :-)

Abhishek Goyal said...

I don't know about the poem, but the concept of feeling like a gypsy sounds interesting .. dare i comment? .. lol!
By the way i did forward the request to Munjal, and my connection too forwarded it, he confirmed it to me.

Unknown said...

Tess: Whats up lady? Arnt u guys missing the enigmatic ME ;) ?

Gull: Comment ?? Apko permission ki zaroorat nahi hai ;p

Anonymous said...

Reading this quite a long time after you posted it.

The poem made me think.