Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Kaze @ Zen

Deepak, Harpreet and me went over for dinner at The Leela this friday and it was one of the most sumptous dinners I have ever had in Bangalore. After gulping down a couple of drinks we drifted off to one of these personal tables which are very cozily poised on the second floor of the restaurant. There was a crackling fire on the heart in one corner of the room (sorry no pics...) that gave it a very homely feel. And then there was the FOOD. There was a serving of garlic chips, which I savoured pretty much. Harpreet and me started talking about Kanpur with Deepak's racist(Delhi v/s Kanpur) remarks thrown in. We talked about the swimming pool that was started while he was there way back in the late 70's, the canal at the back which I know most of my batchmates won't know about, the SAC and so on and so forth :) It always great to meet someone from your college who graduated so many years back and even better to work with him. And quoting him "Delhi guys were quite an unmannered lot back then", well somethings never change (yeah Deepak sue me :p). We talked quite a bit about how things are changing there, academic rigor going down, lack of faculty. Though there was a brighter side about students willing to stay back in India, lot more enthusiam and the willingness to take risks. Now coming back to the food, we had yummy Japanese food, scampis, chicken, some Japanese soup. And the best part of the dinner as ever was the dessert. Thats what you see getting cooked in the pic. Caramelized fruits with ice-cream. HEAVEN !!!! An extremely filling and delicious dinner though pretty expensive. Well the most expensive I have ever had in India. But, Go EAT !!!

Update: And I forgot to mention our charming hostess Bharti who cooked for us :D Thanks to the "kind-hearted" Deepak for reminding me :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

AakASH!!! said...

Heyy Mate! So you are busy devouring food at Bangalore :p
It was good to see you on FireToAshes... as i mentioned in the comment there you crossed my mind this morn. :)

So howzz it going?

PS: Food always gets me hooked! :p

Unknown said...

Girl: Nice to see you back :D

Aakash: Its going great as ever man. Just found out my bank robbed me :p

Misty: Awww u really think so ?? *blushes* :P U MUST BE EITHER BLIND OR CRAZY OR MAYBE BOTH =))

Anonymous said...

mereko lekar kyun nahi gaye?????????
abhi ruko batate hain tumko aur deepak ko.