Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yet another change of address...

My friends (- MissT) keep complaining about my frequent change in coordinates, and finally when I thought I am done for good its time to move again.

This time I shall be moving to Philadelphia, spending the next 4 years (hopefully not more) at Wharton working towards a PhD. That was the only place I had sent in an aplication and I was fortunate enough to get selected. A hurried trip to Philly convinced me that its a great department, very vibrant. The profs seemed like really nice people and the students are extremely smart. People who have been admitted with me have calls from all the top schools like Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, and Chicago. I hope all of them join, it would be a great group. I am in esteemed company :D

Its time to do some serious work now. After graduating in 2003, I have been mostly whiling away time. Work has been interesting but only in patches. I have worked with some really cool technology, contributed my bit but learning has been mostly off work rather than on it. The last few years have been good in eroding the naivety that was almost synonymous with my thinking while I left college. Now I understand the people and the world in a better light. I think I am a lot more mature and focused now and this is an appropriate time to go back to grad school and make the world a better place...

Wish me luck :D

15 comments:

abhaga said...

Badhai ho ! To finally aane ka decide ker hi liya. Chalo badiya hai, pass me hi rahoge yahan bhi :-)

Winged Fantasy said...

Hey Vibhanshu,

So very happy to hear that. Congratualtions buddy! :-)))
Hmmm so now I need to start addressing you as "Dr. Vibhanshu" and that too from Wharton ;-) Wow!
Hey all the best and do well like you have. May you realize all your dreams. Be Happy :-)

Cheers!
Meenakshi

Winged Fantasy said...

Aur haan important things first...
Humari treat ka kya? Kab, kaise aur kahan? ;-)

Unknown said...

Abhaga : Yeah man, aish karenge saath mein :D Aur koi hai kya bagal mein except THE BANKERS in NY ;)

Meenakshi: Is it ee or i :p ? Aap jahan bhi bolein, hum to har time free hi rahatein hian :)

Nimit: Yeah nice :p

Unknown said...

Minakshi: And yeah koi Dr. wagarah nahi hai, dont remind me of my impeding aging ;)

Shruti said...

A very hearty congratulations to you...

Winged Fantasy said...

hahahaha... impending age... hilarious... arre ab phd kar rahe ho toh Dr. toh kehna hi padega naa.. ;-)

Waise the real me is mEEnakshi... lekin url nahi mila isliye became mInakshi. And ek aur baat thi...whenever the dreamer me spoke, she signed as mInakshi and when the real me spoke, she signed as mEEnakshi... but now it is all integrated. ab there is only Meenakshi. :-)

theek hai... treat toh hum le hi lenge. :-)

BD said...

Cool! Congratulations!! And all the very best :)

Unknown said...

Shruti: Thanks a lot :)

Meenakshi: Arre baap re, split personality :p Meenakshi hi rahein aap. I loved your latest post on meeting life. Shall comment soon.

Equilibrium: Thanks for coming by :D

Winged Fantasy said...

I knew you would say that about that split personality part :P
Thanks. will wait. :-)

Unknown said...

Hmmm you know, I no longer trust grls when they say that :)

supriyob said...

Hi Vibhanshu,
Congrats! I hope you rise to great heights of achievement. I'll miss you in Bangalore.
-Supriyo

Unknown said...

Sups: You dont really miss people you meet twice in three years.

Bendtherulz said...

Will not wish you luck ...I don't think people who get into wharton get there with only luck....!

Will wish you new pastures, new sights and new adventure so that your soul can take all which is now on offer and new learning still retaining the roots.

Tk care & Bon Voyage ~

Shashi said...

any contact number??

shashi