Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Potrait of an Young Man as the Photographer

I have always had this fascination for photography, but not until recently since I started some serious photography did I realize it would change me. For Good.

Patience: As a photographer I have developed lot of patience, precariously perched on my haunces, with sweat tricking down my face, waiting for the opportune moment to click the scene. Not to forget the insanely heavy camera and the lense.

Carpe Diem: In photography you need seize the moment. Nothing lasts for more than a second, if you have captured it, its for you to keep or it might have gone forever.

Resilience: You learn to live with your mistakes and evolve with them. At times I have spent the entire day clicking photographs only to realize I didnt choose the correct ISO or I had a greasy lense.

Photography has taught me a lot more than any class or college I ever went to. Long live photography and long live the photographer in me.

5 comments:

Winged Fantasy said...

Wow! I never was a photographer. I could click pictures from a normal camera or from a SLR like anybody else...

But I love pictures... to look at them... to understand the story that each picture tells you. And your photographs are brilliant. I hope you keep learning like this and evolve your skills further and we get to feast on the best pictures. :-)

Amandeep Singh said...

Cool man.. have been wanting do start of with a bit of photography too..
Its really nice to read how good it can be..I mean reading this made me realize how much one can learn from it..

And all the best to you man..May you become a great photographer!

Incrediblyirrational said...

i love photography.most of the best moments last for hardly a sec. so true. photographing is like catching the time stand still on a frame,isn't tat jus wonderful? good luck in the pursue of a divine art.

Aditi said...

Most of us when clicking a photograph, try to click it beautifully, i'm not an exception, but i never had patience like you. so always ended up with some messy and some good ones..

Unknown said...

Meenakshi: I am learning girl, hopefully will get there soon :D There is an photography exhibition at Leela, check it out when you come back, I found some good snaps, though some of mine are better ;)

SBM: Yeah man, its a great hobby. And it lets you see things in such a different perspective. I have noticed things through the camera that I wouldnt have noticed through my eyes. And not entirely because of the zoom lense :)

Nitya: All of do dont we :) ? So post ur pics so that I have a chance to see them.

Aditi: Thats the route I followed and then I fell in love with photography. Even I take a lot of junk photographs. I think one good pic out of 10 is a good number :)