Thursday, March 24, 2005

Life is a play :: in Real Color

I was talking to a friend of mine the otherday and she asked me this "have you ever looked at you life in a third person perspective. Trying to analyze whats happening coldly with out any emtions?"

I did say yes, and actually I do it all the time. But then a related thought came to mind.

Once we had been working pretty late in the robotics lab when we suddenly felt hungry. Most of the places on campus would have closed down so we decided to go out and grab dinner at a new joint.

Now this place is on NH1, aka Grant Trunk (GT) Road, and is one of the bussiest roads by nighttime.

I was sitting inside and having dinner with him, some tasteless pasta with was way too cheezy (pun intended) and discussing the problem at hand. And at the same time I was looking outside their glass wall. Though there was a lot of noise outside barely anything filtered through the wall.

And then I had this strnage feeling come over me. It was like I was so disjoint from everything going on. The trucks, their blaring horns. I even couldnt hear what my friend was telling, (didn't hear/didn't feel like hearing). I felt like I was sitting in the midst of a 360 theater while a play is going on. Just a mere spectator, do disjoint, do disconnected. I think it was the first time I had that really wierd feeling.

It was like floating in space, I could see people speaking, but their voices were being sucked by some black hole, unable to reach me. Normally I would have just freaked out, but somehow it felt so soothing. Everything going dim and mild, all the influx of information just going down to a dribble. (The human body receives info at the rate of 1032 bps. ) Somehow it felt really COOL !! Well I am wierd but then it was gr8 for me too :p

That was the first time I had that experience. Now when I am thinking hard about something/one I tend to relapse into the same mode. I really lose track of what people are saying or whats going on around me.

Pretty dangerous I must say, but its damn addictive. Try it out sometime :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo dude! spell check.

Anonymous said...

SN said ...

Take 2 --- on taking notes -
Where do all the "good" friends goto ?
Sometimes , in moments of leisure when we choose to walk down memory lane , a very oft repeated line comes in . " She was a very good friend of mine. Wonder where she is ? "
Where do friends disappear to ? I guess getting sucked in the vortex of life is a dangerous move.

Unknown said...

Hey Sn thanks for the notes ;)

Where do all the good friends go? Well if they were good friends you wouldn't have lost them in the first place. If you really care about your friends you'll keep track of whats happening to them, where they are and so forth. But then who has the time right ?