Friday, April 22, 2005

L-a-ir-a-il-a

Ever since I remember I have been in love with the liril girl(s). Yeah way back when I was a kid, stumbling to school. I remeber how I used to sit glued to the television to get a glimpse of the swimsuit clad gal swinging away to glory ;) BLISSSSSS !!! I think it was Karen something who was the first liril gal. And I kept falling in love with each of them, over and over again *blushes*. Tho I really did not like Priety Zinta in particular. In one of the commercials they had this girl who played basketball and then took a shower under the waterfall to get fresh... Ahem.... That was NICE, SHE was nice :D

[Sidenote: In the early 70s a market research agency found out that housewives had typical ’needs of fantasizing’ (now we are talking *grins*). The first liril ad was a masterpiece of its own calibre, a product of Alyque Padamsee’s imagination. It was shot in Kodaikanal at a waterfall a little beyond Guna caves.The moment of liberation that Liril provided was well accepted by the women of India and not only the ad became popular; Liril became premium soap overnight.]

Though they have moved away from the waterfall the love affair still continues. Alas Tara Sharma... I saw that god forsaken movie Om.. just for her ;;) And yeah the girl in the orange flavored liril ad happens to be my sister's friend. What a pity, I dont date kiddos :)) *case of calling the grapes sour*

And I totally dig the new female in the new ad. She r0x0r, BIGTIME !!! *goes starry eyed*

la...lala la la... lalalala... la la la

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop going off to la-la-land too often and get back to work !
If I remember correctly, you also had a big thing for Mahima Chaudhury in the Hawkins pressure cooker ad which reminded you of some "auntie" ??? A secret which you refused to share with me also !!!
I bet the song "Chandan saa badan.." also transports you to to wetter lands !

Unknown said...

d00d I dont go around fantasizing abt aunties. I have enuf grls to go around with unlike you :p

And to set things clear, I DID NOT have anything about mahima chaudhary. I just told ya it reminds me of some friend of mine.

Anonymous said...

HECK!!! there's a new liril ad on TV? Heck! Bloody Heck! WHere's the freakin TV when U need one?!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hey MWNN here's for you liril ad

Anonymous said...

The giel was karen lunel, but i think she was in late 70's. The early 80's model u were glued too on the TV could have been different .

Unknown said...

Nice to find ya here :D

krishna said...

hello vibhanshu,
i agree with you,
i was looking for the liril ad videos
if you have it please please please
please send it to my mail id
krishna.kalidas@gmail.com